Here are five facts about Pancreatic Cancer and the University of Michigan Pancreatic Cancer Center:
- You can read news and information about pancreatic cancer on the UofM blog: http://uofmhealthblogs.org/?s=pancreatic+cancer. For example, there is a blog that discussed that it is expected that pancreatic cancer will be the leading cause of cancer death by the year 2030. http://uofmhealthblogs.org/cancer/pancreatic-cancer-will-be-second-leading-cause-of-cancer-death-by-2030/14451/
- Each of the three types of pancreatic cancer tumors have different treatments and prognosis. http://www.mcancer.org/pancreatic-cancer/types
- They offer a 56-page patient handbook, downloadable in PDF at http://www.med.umich.edu/cancer/files/pancreatic-cancer-handbook.pdf
- The most common age for pancreatic cancer is 60 to 80 years old.
- They offer suggestions to find a doctor if you are told you have cancer. http://www.mcancer.org/living-with-cancer/practical-matters/identifying-doctor-and-facility-when-you-have-cancer
On Social Media:
Was this blog informative and/or helpful? Please click to share on your social networks and leave a comment. Read about other organizations here.