Here are five facts you may not know about MCREST:
- MCREST provides services (food, shelter, training) for Macomb County's homeless for up to 90 days, for 365 days of the year.
- The organization began in 1988 with the concept of a day camp organized by the Trinity Lutheran Church in Clinton Township.
- There are 90 churches throughout the area who support this program. You can view the directory of churches who participate in this program at http://www.mcrest.org/member-churches/. My church, St. Ronald, participates in this program.
- Each year, 500 adults and 100 children benefit from the MCREST program.
- While monetary donations are appreciated, MCREST is also in need of many items including diapers, toddler snacks, and travel size hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc.). Learn more at http://www.mcrest.org/get-involved/.
Was this blog informative and/or helpful? Please click to share on your social networks and leave a comment. And the next time your church hosts MCREST, please consider participating, volunteering your time, or donating needed resources. Read about other charitable organizations here.