As a side note, I owe this organization so much. Without the support and knowledge I gained, we may never have had a second child. She was definitely worth the wait.
Here are five facts you may now know about the International Asherman's Association and Asherman's Syndrome:
- Asherman's Syndrome can cause infertility and miscarriages. There are symptoms and Asherman's is treatable. http://www.ashermans.org/information/symptoms-and-causes/
- Stories of those afflicted with Asherman's Syndrome are shared in multiple languages: English, Serbian, Croatian, Farsi, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Indonesian, Arabic, Lithuanian, and Icelandic
- The mission of the organization addresses preservation of women's fertility, prevention of interuterine adhesions, and support/education for those struggling with infertility and miscarriages.
- They have a closed group on Facebook where women can ask each other questions, share advice, and photos of post-Asherman babies (success stories). https://www.facebook.com/groups/92888865008/
- Women in this organization have created a list of A-list doctors across the world, one of which appears in the photograph on this page, being presented an award by a child who would not be here without his care. http://www.ashermans.org/about-us/our-work/
Was this blog informative and/or helpful? Please click to share on your social networks and leave a comment. Read about other charitable organizations here.