Thank you to Josephine Dries who suggested this organization as a blog topic. Here are five facts I learned while visiting their website.
- This organization provides support to cancer patients of all ages, from child to adult. http://www.foundationforfamilies.org/our-values/
- Their programs and services include: bill payment (utilities, auto, insurance, and even funeral expenses); children's services (daycare, school supplies, activities); and counseling services.
- The New Day Foundation for Families was created when two families became joined as a result of surviving spouses of cancer patients uniting. Their story was made into the movie, "The Color of Rain." I got chills reading this. https://www.foundationforfamilies.org/who-we-are/color-of-rain/
- There are many ways to volunteer to help this wonderful organization. These include making blankets, stuffing envelopes, making cash donations, or hosting events.
- If you shop at Kroger, you can link your loyalty card to the New Day Foundation for Families which receives a donation every time you shop - at no cost to you. Learn more at https://www.foundationforfamilies.org/donate-now/donate-while-you-shop/.
Was this blog informative and/or helpful? Please click to share on your social networks and leave a comment. And if you are fighting cancer or supporting a family member who is, please check out the New Day Foundation for Families.
Read about other charitable organizations here.