|A rendering of the new shelter|
- In 2014, this shelter handled 2,725 total animals. This included 1,470 cats and 1,054 dogs. If you're doing the math, you'll see this doesn't add up. That's because they have also handled 201 other species.
- There are 12 full-time employees and 18 part-time employees. In addition, over 113 active volunteers help this organization. Volunteers can help with daily operations, cleaning, and of course caring for the animals. All volunteers are required to participate in orientation.
- They are in the process of building a new shelter. Their recent "Raise the Woof" fundraiser raised $247,000, just shy of their $250,000 goal. Can we all just pause (or should I say "PAWS" for a moment to reflect on how adorable that "Raise the Woof" name is, on multiple levels?)
- The shelter organizes doggie playdates, appropriately named "paw-ties." Learn more at https://www.dearbornanimals.org/what-we-do/pooch-paw-ties-and-play-dates/.
- Their current need is advertised at the top of their website, which is Pedigree dog food.
Read about other charitable and nonprofit organizations in this blog: http://mellermarketing.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-big-4-0.html