1. You can send an e-card to family and friends announcing your quit day and asking for their support. http://www.cancer.org/involved/e-cards/ecardquitday
2. Their current ad slogan is "The Official Sponsor of Birthdays." How awesome is that?
3. In case you've wondered like I always have, cancer cells are abnormal cells. From their site: "Cancer starts when cells in a part of the body start to grow out of control. Cancer cell growth is different from normal cell growth. Instead of dying, cancer cells continue to grow and form new, abnormal cells. Cancer cells can also invade (grow into) other tissues, something that normal cells can’t do. Growing out of control and invading other tissues are what makes a cell a cancer cell."
4. They offer you the ability to create a free mosaic page to honor someone who has battled, is fighting, or has lost their life to cancer. The pages include links for fundraising. https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/personalfundraising/mosaic
5. Perhaps most important of all: "More than half of all cancer deaths could be prevented by making healthy choices like not smoking, staying at a healthy weight, eating right, keeping active, and getting recommended screening tests." http://www.cancer.org/healthy/index