google analytics

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Random Thoughts...


Over the past year, I've been thinking about why we don't see a lot more women in management positions. Is there really a glass ceiling? Or, are we holding ourselves back?

Based on what I'm seeing, I think we're more to blame. That's not to say that society doesn't play a part. I see stereotypes played out every day, but when we push back against those stereotypes, we can make things change.

I'm working full-time and a mom (I won't use the term "Working Mom" unless everyone starts to refer to our spouses as "Working Dad." More on this later in another blog...). I'd love to hear your stories, too.

I'm reading a great book right now..called Why Good Girls Don't Get Ahead, but Gutsy Girls Do. I'm adding it to my must read list.

More later,
Brenda

No comments: