google analytics

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trinkets and Trash

Promotional items can help to give your business long-lasting impressions with current and future customers. Done right, they'll have shelf life (or "desk" life) with your audience and avoid the trash.

Here are a few examples of logo'd items on my desk and why I think they are successful trinkets:


LinkedIn Water bottle
If you haven't produced an eco-friendly water bottle yet, you should consider it. I have to admit this is one of my favorite water bottles because I am such a huge fan of LinkedIn. Carrying this water bottle around at the gym gives me the same feeling as when I carry a Starbucks cup at the mall.



"My Boss Thinks I'm Kind of A Big Deal" Statement Cup
Baudville has some awesome items for employee recognition. I bought these for my team as part of their holiday present. It makes a statement about them, but perhaps even more importantly, it shows my peeps how much I care about them.


Personalized Calendars
These personalized calendars have been around for a few years, but I still get a kick out of the clever designs on each month with my first name. I have to admit that I receive at least three or four of these each year though. This one from Graphic Resource Group.


Smart Women THIRST for Knowledge Mug
I received this one as a gift probably fifteen years ago and it's still one of my favorite mugs that follows me around to every job. You can get your company logo printed on these, too. Check out the Smart Women site.







Silly BobbleHead Pen
This was a tradeshow gift from a former job and it still makes me smile.

Screen Wiper

Potential client said no? Pica Marketing Group used this as an opportunity for a secondary message.

Clever marketing.  And proof that visionary marketers see opportunity in everything.  Even in the word "No."  

1 comment:

Rick Wochoski said...

I must admit, I'm particularly taken with the bobblehead. If its only purpose is to make someone smile, then that's a very good purpose indeed.