google analytics

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Staying Current with Trends is NOT a Fad

Nowadays it seems everyone has an e-newsletter, a Facebook page, a Twitter page, a YouTube channel, etc. etc. As an inquisitive marketer I'm always hungry for information and I admit I have a "To Be Read" folder in my Outlook that is never read (it's impossible to find that spare 1/2 hour a day). And once or twice a year, that folder is emptied without a second thought. 

"An entertaining must-read." - Brenda Meller
I'm sure there are tons of great articles and nuggets of information. But there's also a lot of recycled info that's pretty useless, or worse, outdated. 

If you're a marketer like me, you like to keep a pulse on what's hot and what's current, and also keep an eye open for what's next. 

There's a great e-newsletter that I opened today that inspired this blog entry: from Springwise.com. 

Here are just a few trends they highlighted in this week's and last week's issue. I'm citing the sentences that summarize each story the best, and that piqued my curiosity.


  • "31Projects is a new online platform that helps connect such graduate students with companies and organizations in need of business expertise."

    This could be yours... for a swap.
  • "Luxe Home Swap allows people with high-end dwellings to swap accommodation with others all over the world."




Apparently he can get his own doggie bag.
  • "FIDO FACTOR — Fido Factor is a US directory of dog-friendly restaurants, venues, bookstores and other establishments."



I hope you enjoy the read. And I'd love to hear your favorite marketing / inspiration sites, too. Because watching trends will never go out of style.

No comments: